May 3, 2012

My Perfect Pen-Pal

Something I never thought would happen to me is happening in my life.
I have a legitimate pen-pal.
And she is perfect.


Meet TAYLOR BEVAN.

          In other words, my Australian sister. She was here in Rigby for a few months as a foreign exchange student, and at times it saddens me to think that I only knew her for the last two of those months that she was here. BUT THEN I THINK AGAIN. Because it would be even more sad for me to not acknowledge how lucky I am to have known her at all. And now that she is back in Australia, I've had all these moments where I think, "if Taylor were here I'd be talking to her about this right now."
Pretty much goes without saying that I miss her.
          But I despair not! Why? Because back around Valentine's Day, I sent her a surprise letter in the mail to start our pen-pal-ship. And just recently, she sent me back a notebook that contained her reply, along with the explanation of her brilliant idea of us keeping a pen-pal journal to send back and forth. Starting to see why she's perfect? Soon, I will be sending my reply back to her, and we will continue on until we fill this journal, and many more to come. Thus begins our pen-pal journey.
What an amazing thing to have in my life. 
          This girl has inspired me so much. And she never fails to amaze me in all that she does. She is magnificent, remarkable, kind, beautiful (obviously), intelligent, wise, caring, fun, hilarious, inspiring (as I said before), talented, heartfelt, and a joy to all those who know her. Honestly, I could continue that list on for quite a while, but when I start thinking of how to describe her... well words just don't really do her justice. They are such small things to describe such a great soul. She is so incredible. And now that I've been able to express a small portion of my feelings for her, I just have one last thought on my mind...
Who gets to keep the journals?

1 comment:

  1. you're as close to perfection in anybody I've ever met.
    I freaking love you.
    You are my sister.
    One of my closest bestest friends in the whole entire world.
    I actually don't deserve to have you in my life as you will accomplish amazing things, and I shouldn't be distracting you from them. I love you. I love you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete