August 19, 2012

A True Fan

 I finally read Harry Potter for the first time.
(This was actually during the school year but I needed something to blog about)
And of course, I absolutely love it. 
I am now and forever will be a Harry Potter nerd. And by nerd, I mean this:


      Now, I know there's a lot of people who have been with Harry since the very beginning. Of course these people are true fans. I wondered for a while if I could be a true fan or not if I haven't been in it since the beginning, or if I still haven't seen all the movies, or even if I don't absolutely understand everything that I read in the books. While I wondered, I thought to myself I probably wasn't a true fan. And I'm sure many of those that HAVE done the things I haven't wouldn't consider me a true fan either.


But what does it mean to be a true fan?

      True in this sense is defined as loyal, genuine, or sincere in feeling. A fan in this sense is defined as an enthusiastic follower, supporter, or admirer of something. Put them together, and a true fan is someone who genuinely admires, sincerely supports, or loyally follows something. 


Who's to say I'm not a true fan? 

  • I genuinely admire the inspiration found within the pages of these books. The words of wisdom mixed within this incredible story make it truly breathtaking. I admire the saga Rowling strung; she weaved an amazing tale in seven separate stories.
  • I sincerely support the whole shebang now. I'm in the process of finishing the movies, I've signed up for Pottermore, and I have my own wand sitting in my room.
  • I now loyally follow any and all Harry Potter ongoings. 
    
     As silly as this post may be, it still means something to me to consider myself a true fan of something I really love, that makes me so happy, and that inspires me. I hope everyone has a chance to become a true fan of something that does those things for them that Harry Potter has done for me.


.

(goose-bumps, every time.)

2 comments:

  1. go to bed, you amazingly inspired wizard.
    "You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve." -Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me of the parable of the workers in the field. You know that one, right? How the ones working the whole time were incredulous that those working at the end of the day received the same pay? Well, your post helped me understand that a bit more. The newcomers will be able to enjoy the Gospel just as much as the whole-timers, and the whole-timers need not feel envious because they've had the blessing and privilege of knowing it all their lives.

    You never lack something important to say, even when it's something as simple as Harry Potter. :) Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete